Firefox and Facebook IM issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Primejimbo, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I been noticing that when I am on the internet Firefox is fine, even on Facebook. Then I IM friends on Facebook and notice it gets slower and slower the longer I IM people in it. I have iStats in the tool bar (forgive me if I called it the wrong name, iStats is at the top where the time, Battery and etc. is) and as Facebook gets slower, I see the CPU just maxing out 100%. I switch to Safari and I have no issues what so ever IMing on Facebook. Any ideas? I like Firefox a little better, and mostly because I can take 3 fingers, swipe up or down and the page I am on will go from top to bottom in a split second.
    I have the latest version of Firefox, when I did the last update I hoped that this would be fixed. :(
    I have a 2.4 GHz Aluminum MacBook,

Thanks

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i get this as well when i use Facebook's pop out chat. a lot of my friends have been complaining about the chat so i think its a Facebook problem.

3. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

Do you Firefox? I don't have problems (That I ca see) when I switch to Safari to use the chat.

4. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

I am having the exact same problem. Whenever i need to fb chat i just use safari. Its really annoying

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

sorry i use Safari. only happends in the pop out chat for me. i just think that Facebook chat isnt very good. Adium and Skype are super stable for me.

6. dandaman2 macrumors regular

FB Chat is, in internet meme, teh fail. I know exactly what you're talking about - happens to me on chrome, safari, firefox - but not Adium. So that's my recommendation.