firefox and fonts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by okrelayer, Aug 18, 2009.

1. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

I know this has been talked about over and over, and i have done many searches looking to find a good answer but... is there ANY way to make fonts look better in firefox? They look large, and out of place specificly on the forums here at mac rumors.

I have for the first time given firefox a chance to prove it self to me. I enjoy the add ons and the themes ect, but the fonts are driving me mad!

anyone that can help, that would be great.

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

In FF open preferences>content
    You can change the default, default size and in advanced you can change everything else you'd ever wish to.
    As far as "better" that's a personal call that you'll have to make through the changes.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I've never noticed Firefox to show fonts differently than Safari. You may want to provide a screen shot to show the difference you see.

4. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I think all you need to do is change the default to Times size 16 in FF, to get it to look the same.

5. okrelayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

it is times 16, thats the default. Does anyone else's firefox looks as weird as mine? Could someone screen shot theirs?

6. rerelease macrumors regular

Mine looks the exact same. I've grown used to it, really.

7. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I never knew it was different.

Firefox 3.5.2

Attached Files:

8. okrelayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

at least i know its not just me.

one question while i am at it. I want all links to open in a new tab instead of a new window.. thats fine, that works perfectly. However, i would also like external links (from say tweetie) to open in a new window. Is there any way to do that?