Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cuno84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Salt Lake City Utah
I don't want anything Microsoft to work better than Apple, so I need to fix my problem ASAP. For at least the last year, Safari has been running so slow on both my Macbook and Imac. Firefox generally runs fairly fast, but has a lot of time-outs. Internet Explorer on my Vista partition always runs at super fast speeds on both computers. Here's the weird thing, when I reset my actiontec, Safari runs blazingly faster than everything else, but only for about 30 minutes. What's the issue, if it was just my router, is it Safari? It doesn't make sense that IE and firefox are always faster and Safari only speeds up for half an hour when the router is reset.

I always keep my software up to date, I'm not running any plug-ins (that I'm aware of)

Thanks for your suggestions

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
it sounds like a problem with your OSX system, safari is easily most affected, firefox is less, but still somewhat affected. DNS problem?

cuno84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Salt Lake City Utah
Don't know...

I don't know much about internet settings, I know where to find the DNS settings, but I don't know what it means. But I have this problem on both of my Macs. Could both OSX's be messed up? Is it because I use Safari more than anything else, too much garbage stored up? I clear my cookies and cache all the time...
Also, I started out with a local guy who provided my ISP, he's a family friend who is basically the IT manager for all of the Mac's at my Dad's company. He claimed his ISP was superior to anything else. When I started to question the speed of my internet through him, I switched to qwest for my ISP. (about a year ago) both computers ran Safari great for about 2 weeks. Then it went to being as slow as it was when he was my ISP. Could his original settings have something do with DNS problems?

ruinfx

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2008
I don't want anything Microsoft to work better than Apple, so I need to fix my problem ASAP. For at least the last year, Safari has been running so slow on both my Macbook and Imac. Firefox generally runs fairly fast, but has a lot of time-outs. Internet Explorer on my Vista partition always runs at super fast speeds on both computers. Here's the weird thing, when I reset my actiontec, Safari runs blazingly faster than everything else, but only for about 30 minutes. What's the issue, if it was just my router, is it Safari? It doesn't make sense that IE and firefox are always faster and Safari only speeds up for half an hour when the router is reset.

I always keep my software up to date, I'm not running any plug-ins (that I'm aware of)

Thanks for your suggestions

wow, thats pretty funny.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.