Firefox and open at Login

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
I usually check the "Open at Login" option for Firefox, as I have it in the dock. Always works, but with the last update, 1.06, at login, 1.05 keeps coming up and it isn't on my Mac, or at least "Spotlight" can't find it?? Any thoughts about what's up??

Thanks.
Frank

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Actually, that was the first thing I did. Seems like something is still on the Mac that is being seen first at login?? No biggie, but just annoying<g>.

Frank

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Uncheck the "Open at login" and delete the current Firefox dock icon. Find FF 1.0.6 in the Applications folder and drag that over to the Dock. Check that icon and try again.

I had lots of similar problems with Firefox updates and old dock icons, and replacing the dock icon always worked. (I'm back to using Safari, now.)

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
>>Uncheck the "Open at login" and delete the current Firefox dock icon. Find FF 1.0.6 in the Applications folder and drag that over to the Dock. Check that icon and try again.<,

Did that too! That was the 2nd thing I did <g>.

>>I had lots of similar problems with Firefox updates and old dock icons, and replacing the dock icon always worked. (I'm back to using Safari, now.)<<

This may be option #3!!
I've tried Camino, but it just doesn't do it for me.

Frank

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
If 1.05 is still coming up, then it's on your Mac somewhere! How could it be running if you don't have a copy of it? :D So the first thing to do is figure out where it's hiding and get rid of it.

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
mkrishnan said:
If 1.05 is still coming up, then it's on your Mac somewhere! How could it be running if you don't have a copy of it? :D So the first thing to do is figure out where it's hiding and get rid of it.
Good point. Note that doing a Spotlight search for "Firefox 1.05" probably won't reveal anything. Do a Spotlight search for "Firefox" and then in the results trash the one with the version number 1.05 in "Get Info"

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
stridey said:
Good point. Note that doing a Spotlight search for "Firefox 1.05" probably won't reveal anything. Do a Spotlight search for "Firefox" and then in the results trash the one with the version number 1.05 in "Get Info"
Or else, let Firefox 1.05 run, and then run Activity Monitor or ps -aux | grep -i firefox.app -- both of them should be able to give you a path to the file that's actually running. :)