Firefox and PDF's

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macuser231, Oct 13, 2011.

1. macuser231 macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2010
    Okay - I searched a little and did not find the exact location to post this -
    I am wishy washy and use both Safari and Firefox - ok that is out of the way.

OS is 10.5.8
    FF 7.0.1
    Safari 5.0.6 (5533.22.3)

I can not view pdf's in Firefox - no issues in Safari - so i know that I can use that but I was looking to see if there are others with this issue. Some 3rd party apps work in 10.6
    some FF apps work before 10.5.8

thanks in advance - just throwing it out there - i can live with it as it is but would like it better.

Why FF? I don't have an answer but I do use both Safari and FF and find different features in each that are appealing.
  2. designs216 macrumors 65816

Oct 26, 2009
    Down the rabbit hole
    Firefox has previously been capable of displaying PDFs in a browser environment but for some reason they axed that feature. Maybe they viewed it as a security concern. There are third party plugins that will give this functionality but the one I tried corrupted the files so now I just settle for downloading these type of files. Though it's inconvenient, IMO, Firefox is the best and this quirk isn't enough to make me switch.