Firefox and PDF's

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macuser231, Oct 13, 2011.

1. macuser231 macrumors newbie

Okay - I searched a little and did not find the exact location to post this -
    I am wishy washy and use both Safari and Firefox - ok that is out of the way.

OS is 10.5.8
    FF 7.0.1
    Safari 5.0.6 (5533.22.3)

I can not view pdf's in Firefox - no issues in Safari - so i know that I can use that but I was looking to see if there are others with this issue. Some 3rd party apps work in 10.6
    some FF apps work before 10.5.8

thanks in advance - just throwing it out there - i can live with it as it is but would like it better.

Why FF? I don't have an answer but I do use both Safari and FF and find different features in each that are appealing.

2. designs216 macrumors 65816

designs216

Firefox has previously been capable of displaying PDFs in a browser environment but for some reason they axed that feature. Maybe they viewed it as a security concern. There are third party plugins that will give this functionality but the one I tried corrupted the files so now I just settle for downloading these type of files. Though it's inconvenient, IMO, Firefox is the best and this quirk isn't enough to make me switch.