Firefox and Safari CPU drain.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Laco, May 22, 2008.

1. Laco macrumors 6502

So this is my problem...If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thank you in advance.

A few times a day Firefox (Safari does the exact same thing) drains a hundred percent of my CPU (as stated on my activity monitor) which causes my whole macbook to slow down and my fan to go crazy. This last from a few minutes to 10 minutes or more. Originally i thought that it had something to do with the number of tabs that i have open (which sometimes is over 20 or 30) but then i noticed that this happens even if i have only 3 or 4 tabs open.

Do you have any ideas?

thank so you so much!

2. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

Does it happen when you visit sites that use Flash? That tends to increase CPU usage quite a bit.

3. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

same here! Im not getting either...

4. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Firefox on Mac is really bad! Safari is a bit cooler though.
    I mean those perfs are not acceptable. Not sure what Opera is like. I might try it out

5. Babooshka macrumors 6502

Babooshka

I had that so i got Minefield (the Cacao version of Firefox). Or get Bokeh? it freezes apps to free up your CPU