Firefox and Spelling Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maczod, Jul 21, 2008.

1. maczod macrumors member

Hello!!

I bought my first macbook last week and I'm really loving it :)

Quick questions:

- how do I use the auto spell check in Mac OS? I see the red underline but when I right click, there's no suggestion for words?

- when I click on a firefox bookmark with my middle mouse, it usually opens a new tab in Windows, how do I do this in Firefox Mac?

THANKS!!!

2. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

for Q2: Make sure that 'New pages should be opened in:' is set to 'a new tab' under the Tabs setting. (Get to the preferences with CMD + ,)

Q1: It should work. If you're talking about Firefox, it doesn't use the Mac OS X spell checker, but its own. Make sure you have a dictionary installed.
    Right click should work though.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

if you mean bookmark MENU, then no, OSX system menu is different than windows', mozilla hasn't get this working yet, so it only will open in current tab a of now.

4. maczod thread starter macrumors member

For some reason, I can't seem to get the spell check menu to pop up. I don't know how to take a screen shot (with the mouse's right clck menu) so I snapped a digital picture:

[​IMG]

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

u can press shift+cmd+4 and then drag to selct area to capture screenshot.

for firefox. what language version do you have? and what addons do you have?

6. maczod thread starter macrumors member

That's an awesome tip, much thanks!! :)

[​IMG]

Language = English. Default language (I didn't change it).

7. maczod thread starter macrumors member

8. maczod thread starter macrumors member

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

yes indeed, i was about to guess AIO-Gesture, And I was about to suggest FireGetures (Im using now) .... :D

This happened with firegestures previously, it disables the spellchecking in lunix and OSX, it was fixed in ver 1.1.

I guess AIO has this problem too.

Glad you got it working, FireGestures is a very good choice, it allows smoother trail than others. Enjoy :)