Firefox and text size

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HoosierInFL, Mar 8, 2008.

1. HoosierInFL macrumors regular

I want to use Firefox as my main browser, but I can't find a feature I really need, which keeps me using Camino.

In Camino, I can put icons on the toolbar that allow me to raise and lower text size with the click of the button. It doesn't zoom the page, it only raises text size. Firefox seems to only have the Zoom feature, which zooms everything on the screen. I don't want that.

In older versions of Firefox, I could hit ctrl-scroll wheel and the text would enlarge, but it doesn't do that now.

Any suggestions?

2. HoosierInFL thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, that is what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, it does not work with Firefox 3. Is there some kind of hack that allows Firefox 3 to run addons written for Firefox 2?

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

patrick has an updated version for firefox 3 at here
    http://www.splintered.co.uk/experiments/97/

note, by default, firefox 3 does full-page zoom, if you only want to zoom text, goto view->zoom and check "zoom text only", after which you can use toolbar button offered by patrick's extension to do text only zoom

PS. You can still press cmd+"+" to zoom, just like firefox 2. "zoom text only" option still applies.

4. HoosierInFL thread starter macrumors regular

Firefox 3 doesn't have the option that says "zoom test only." Or at least I don't see it.

When I go to View/Zoom I only have Zoom in/Zoom out/ and Reset as options.

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

oh, my bad, I guess you are using beta 2 or beta 3, the change was made after beta 3 branching. I think you should see this in beta 4, which should be out very soon (probably next week)

or you can goto mozilla's ftp server and grab a beta 4 rc2 or nightly build right now.

[​IMG]

6. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

I use Helvetica 16 for my email. When copy/pasting URLs from FF the text size from the address bar is way too small. Is there a way to make it default to my Mac Mail setting?

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin