Firefox being Sluggish

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jblack4083, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Jblack4083 macrumors regular

My firefox has been being sluggish as of late. The only thing I did was update it to the 2.0.0.6 and that was all. I noticed because I have an RSS feed ticker at the bottom that scrolls and sometimes it's slower than usual. Firefox stalls sometimes when loading webpages. Anybody experiencing the same problems discovered a fix?

2. xtopher macrumors regular

xtopher

mine does that all the time. and my solution was safari:p still kinda upset firefox doesnt like me tho

3. willybNL macrumors 6502

Same here, but was already just 3 days before the update.
    I noticed my Flash-items like to crash firefox... so, i guess i need to reset some things soon. But how?

4. DopestGingah macrumors regular

Yeah this is happening to me to. When try to watch YouTube vids, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. When they don't, I clear the Private Data (Tools>Private Data) and that fixes it. Or I exit/reload Firefox. Why is this?????

5. oxeneers macrumors member

This happens to me all the time. I have to "Force Quit" FireFox just to get the system back. I don't understand?

It used to happen with Safari, but now, with Safari 3 Beta, I can use it without any hitch.

Oh well. Just bad luck I guess?
    :(

Fix Firefox, Mozilla!

6. willybNL macrumors 6502

It would probably be more helpfull to put it in http://bugzilla.mozilla.org

They solved quite some bugs I found :)

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You may also try deleting your profile to force creation of a new one (or drag it to a safe spot, so you can put it back). Sometimes these kinds of issues trace back to something amiss in the profile. You will have to redo your settings, re-import your bookmarks, re-add certain extensions and themes, etc, though.

One example of this is that when FF2 first finalized, a number of people (myself included) found that it was very unstable, not because anything was wrong with it, but because we used FF1.5 profiles in it. Oddly, it had nothing to do with extensions, which got updated, but something else about the profiles.

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Yes, nasty data corruption prior to 1.5. I hadn't had a serious problem since I let Firefox 1.5 rebuild my profile.

9. willybNL macrumors 6502

Ok, I tryed everything now.

But strangly enough, just a sec. ago I got a notice in Safari something went wrong with the DNS stuff...

Didn't apple release a DNS-thing update a week or 2 ago?.... Maybe that is what causes Firefox to behave odd lately.

10. Superlat macrumors member

Fireflop buggin me deep

2008 and I'm having the same problem. i dont know if its a hardware question, but Firefox works fine for a long while, and then suddenly will hardly operate at all. it just sits there, and drives me nuts. It seems to do it after an intensive use of javascipt, map search etc.

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs