Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DAM-Photography

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2009
On my pc I use Morzilla Firefox and on my bookmark option bar above the tabs I have all of my bookmarks just as icons not as the name. Like for macrumors it was just an apple with no text. Can this be done on my new MBP?

Ash9414

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2010
United Kingdom
On my pc I use Morzilla Firefox and on my bookmark option bar above the tabs I have all of my bookmarks just as icons not as the name. Like for macrumors it was just an apple with no text. Can this be done on my new MBP?

I'm guessing you can if you download Firefox, it doesn't work on Safari. But I don't have a MBP yet, so this needs confirmation.

DAM-Photography

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2009
I'm running firefox on my MBP right now. But when I drag the icon to the bookmark option bar it only adds the text, instead of text and icon.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
This is a limitation somewhere - probably whatever API Firefox uses to create the bookmarks bar. Nothing you can do about it, as far as I am aware.

DAM-Photography

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2009
Here is a screen shot that I did on my pc. So its not possible to do this on a mac?

4552840561_67dc68e2a9_o.jpg

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Firefox isn't alone in being limited in this way. Safari, Chrome, and every other Mac browser have this exact same limitation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.