Firefox bookmarks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by urbantea, Jun 25, 2012.

1. urbantea macrumors member

In a PC, in firefox, when i click on book marks, a little thing on the side of the browser opens pu and i can look at my book marks

but this firefox on MAC, i have to open a whole new window up by doing "show all bookmarks" to see my bookmarks

is there a way to make it openlike a PC firefox?

2. titanflyer macrumors member

WAIT for it.... WAIT for it....

Sorry, couldn't resist. I have no idea. I like the window anyway, sorry couldn't help.

3. AverisDaddy macrumors newbie

Check your settings because when I select the bookmarks tab it opens & I can see all bookmarks just like I do on Windows, it's just off to the right side instead of the middle of the screen.

4. urbantea thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks.

nothing under FILE> preferences though

any other "settings?" in firefox?

5. AverisDaddy macrumors newbie

I'm new to MAC so I'm not completely sure. Do you have the latest FireFox version installed? All I did was install the program. Is your bookmarks icon on the right hand side of the screen next to the Home icon?

6. stevelam macrumors 65816

you might not have the actual bookmarks button showing up. what do you see in your toolbar right now? should be stuff like back arrow, forward arrow, home button, etc etc.

if you don't see a bookmark icon, right click on a blank area of the toolbar and select 'customize'. then from the window of icons, drag the bookmark icon onto the toolbar where you want it. that button will toggle the slide panel for bookmarks.

7. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

In Firefox.. View > Sidebar > Bookmarks Or just Cmd-B

Is that what you're looking for?

8. AverisDaddy macrumors newbie

Yep, totally forgot I did that. That should get the OP what he/she wants. Thanks!

9. urbantea thread starter macrumors member

Hey this works! This pulls up the bookmarked stuff as a little sidebar, where as if i lcick the boomark thing in my tool bar area, it pulls up a big new window. weird.

ok i figured it out. strange. now i have command B

and i made another little bookmark button next to home and that one shows as a side bar. thanks.

It's right above the old bookmark buttom....that pulls up a new window. I think that is just apart of the bookmarks tool bar so it funcitons diffenretly