Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BSchorr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Sioux Falls
How do I backup my bookmarks from Firefox on my desktop gaming pc? I want to be able to transfer them to Firefox on OSX, and then bootcamp with XP Pro 64bit to. I just dont know how to save them, I know how to in IE though...

Anyone know? Have to find a hidden folder? Last time i reformated, I saved the entire firefox folder. But that didnt help when I reformated, so that let me to thinking it was a hidden folder.

Ben

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
From the Windows system, go to the Bookmarks menu in Firefox, then Organize Bookmarks. Along with the Organize, Views buttons at the top of the new window, there should be the Import and Backup option. Simply clicking on Backup will let you designate a location for the creation of a .json file which can transferred via email/flash drive/whatever, and restored on the Mac version of Firefox. Alternatively you can export as HTML and accomplish the same task.

NoSmokingBandit

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2008
You could install an extension like FoxMarks. It uploads your bookmarks to their server and syncs them with every firefox install you have. Its all password protected and whatnot, and its really cool. If you bookmark something in Windows it will automatically get added to your bookmarks in osx when your open firefox again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.