firefox bookmarks?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ikos, Jun 29, 2009.

1. ikos macrumors regular

just started using Firefox for the first time and was wondering if there is a way to add bookmarks directly to the tool bar? when I bookmark a page it goes into recently bookmarked, not directly into the bookmarks bar. in Safari when I add a bookmark it appears in the bookmarks bar immediately. BTW its the 3.5RC version.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Go to Bookmarks/Bookmark this page and it gives a drop down menu about where to put the bookmark.

3. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

4. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

When you bookmark a page in FF, a pop-up window opens. Go to "Folder" and scroll down to "Bookmarks Toolbar" and select this. You should now be able to save your bookmark in the Bookmarks Toolbar. Make sure that Bookmarks Toolbar is selected in View > Toolbars. You can always go into Bookmarks > Organise Bookmarks and drag and drop bookmarks and folders where you want them.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

I think the OP is trying to do the bookmark simply with right-click then "bookmark this page". This is probably where the problem is. If you go to Firefox->Bookmarks, then you can choose the place.

6. RedWings macrumors regular

You should be able to just drag/drop the page from the address bar. I just click on the icon to the left of the address and drag that into the folder/toolbar I want to store it at.

7. mistamidget macrumors newbie

I have installed Firefox 4.0 and there is no Bookmarks > Organise Bookmarks option anymore.

I can add bookmarks but that is it, can't edit, move or delete them anymore.

8. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Have you tried this.....

Attached Files: