Firefox Bug? Stinkin' White Box

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bobber205, Jun 21, 2007.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

:(

Does this happen to you?

Attached Files:

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

could you be any more specific about where this is showing up and how?

3. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

I'm never quite sure. It's usually a tooltip box or something similar that just never goes away until I quit Firefox.

4. bradywill macrumors newbie

I get it all the time

Looks exactly the same and man is it annoying. Sits over everything so if you move your browser window it floats over your desktop or whatever program is beneath. G5 PowerPC with Firefox 2.0.0.4. Have to quit and restart Firefox to get rid of it.

Not sure what causes it but I used tabbed browsing quite a bit. it shows up just beneath my tabs.

5. DeathAxe macrumors newbie

DeathAxe

I'm having the same problem. I use tabbed browsing a lot and it happens everytime I use Firefox.

6. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

7. darogo macrumors newbie

has anyone found a cure for this?

i can't take that white box anymore. it shows up over everything. please let me know if you know how to fix it.

thanks.

8. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

2 solutions

There's 2 solutions I'm aware of. It is tooltip related.

1) If you hover over the item that created the tooltip in the first place the white box will disappear.

2) In the location bar type in "about:config" (w/o quotes of course). In the filter bar type in "toolbar_tips" This should limit down to one listing. Double click it and its value will change to false. This will however mean that you don't get any tooltips, but does work.

Hopefully Firefox will get this issue resolved so you don't have to take these actions. Not sure if the bug has been submitted either if someone else wants to check.

9. ssuzyk macrumors newbie

that white box drives me crazy!

I get it all the time, both on my ibook and on my G5. Firefox has had 2 or 3 updates available since the problem started but it hasn't been fixed yet. I checked the "issues" section on the firefox website and it had nothing about it.

:confused:

10. hessdesigns macrumors member

I think it mostly happens for me when a tool tip shows up, then I switch to a new application with :apple:+TAB. It's like FF doesn't realize your mouse has moved. Like the previous poster said, just hover over a tab and a new tool tip will show up, getting rid of that pesky lagger.

11. ssuzyk macrumors newbie

it works!

thanks so much! (if only i could have figured that out several months ago....)