FireFox - Can I Customize Google in Safari? Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JPP, Apr 9, 2007.

1. JPP macrumors member

Hey guys

I have only recently switched to Mac and was looking for a browser that had a few more options to suit my needs than safari (tried pimp my safari) and so downloaded FireFox and I LOVE the customize google app or plug in. It's brilliant. But as FireFox doesn't use keychain (what are the disadvantages of this) I was wondering if anyone knew of an app or plug in that can customize google for safari in the same way?

Does anyone also know how I can add buttons to the toolbar. The supplied toolbar is pretty limiting...

Anyone any ideas on how I can improve my safari so that I can keep everything integrated or will I have to stick with FireFox?

Thanks

J

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

keychain is probably has a easier safety control than firefox's password manager. u can protect ur firefox's password by setting a master password, but then u need to input that master password when fx first encounter a site need password after fresh start.

only that in my memory, keychain can't save multiple usernames/passwords for same webpage. which I rely on a lot.

Toolbar button, can't u context click the safari's toolbar and do a customization?

depends on how many extensions u need, if u have quite a few, I doubt safari+pimpursafari can do the trick.

3. jca488 macrumors newbie

safari addon

I really like safari
    and even though i am a firefox lover i want to stick to safari
    I have only found one thing that firefox lacks and it is an add-on like googlecustomize which allows you to have picture previews remove adds and so on
    if anyone knows of this reply!

4. TheStu macrumors 65816

If you get Safari Adblock (Safari 3 OS 10.5 only) you will stop 99.9% of all the ads out there.

As for the Google Customize thing... what is that?

5. dlee27 macrumors newbie

Take a look at the following site.
    http://www.customizegoogle.com/

Customizegoogle is a must-have and I also wonder any equivalent exist for Safari.

6. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

7. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

8. dlee27 macrumors newbie

Adblock does not remove ads in gmail. There are also a couple more features like anonymization that I want to have. I guess I should keep use Firefox.

9. jer16 macrumors newbie

jer16

The question is ...

I don't think anyone has answered the original question yet. :( How can we customise the Safari toolbar?

I would particularly like to know so I can change the Safari toolbar search engine to Google-UK.

People who haven't user Firefox may not appreciate the advantages - Firefox can give you a choice of search engines so you can have not only Google Uk (as default in my case) and other web searchers but also a selection of Dictionaries as well.

so come on - is there anyone who is not only a o a whiz with Safari but also has seen what Firefox can do and knows how to change the Safari toolbar search engine?

10. Sergeant Pepper macrumors member

Install the Glims plugin. It's free and lets you customize the search engines available in the search bar. I've got Google Images, YouTube, Wikipedia, and Facebook in there right now.

11. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

As I said years ago: Inquisitor. :cool:

12. jca488 macrumors newbie

agreed inquisitor is amazing

13. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

inquisitor is the only freeware add on i will ever pay for. I should paypal those guys some money. I love it!