Firefox changes my bookmarks?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TVilleHockey41, Nov 10, 2008.

1. TVilleHockey41 macrumors newbie

First post, I've searched around for anything similar but couldn't find it... Sorry if I've over looked it.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the problem that's been bugging me. It seems that whenever I try and save a new bookmark, Firefox will overwrite some of the bookmarks that are already saved with junk.

I just attempted to bookmark Hulu, and the bookmark leads me to the ad at the top of the page that I'm currently on. I know for a fact that I didn't save the ad location as a bookmark, and its saved under 3-4 of my bookmarks. This is really frustrating... any insight?

Thanks in advance!

2. Erbrer75 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem

Firefox appears to save my bookmarks, but if I put my computer to sleep or shut it down, when I reboot/use it again, the bookmarks just link to an add. Very annoying.

This started happening maybe two months ago, and I cannot figure out why -- have you had any luck correcting the situation? I've tried to different tricks Firefox suggests if your computer isn't saving bookmarks (correcting the localstore file, even downloading Firefox again) but they didn't work ...

3. TVilleHockey41 thread starter macrumors newbie

I still haven't figured it out. It's really frustrating. Anyone else have this problem and solve it?

4. QueenZ macrumors 6502

QueenZ

Are you using 3.1 Beta or the stable version?

5. TVilleHockey41 thread starter macrumors newbie

Version 3.0.4

Should I try the beta version?

I also noticed I cannot clear various items in my history. I've followed the steps on the firefox site, to hold shift+ctrl and hit delete. They all re-appear again right after. I'm baffled. Mozilla really needs to do something about all of this.

6. chaimir macrumors newbie

Has a fix been found for this?

I'm using version 3.0.5 and am having the same problem. TIA