firefox closes unexpectedly and now wont relaunch?!?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by optimus prime, Jan 14, 2008.

1. optimus prime macrumors regular

ok so i was running firefox and then it quite unexpectedly.... now it wont relaunch. it says start new session or restore new session... i click start new session and it goes to the same screen. after that it says restart and relaunch... i did that and it still wont open.... what's wrong with it?

and restarting my computer isn't an option right now. haha

2. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

Uh, restart is only option, did u try force quit and then reopen? Restart, if it wont work, delete all firefox material and then re download it.

3. optimus prime thread starter macrumors regular

i downloaded firefox and tried to copy over firefox.. same thing

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

try a new profile, search "firefox profile" if you need help creating it.

5. optimus prime thread starter macrumors regular

wow and i cant even open other apps without tehm crashing... what's up with that?

what the hell is going on with my computer????

the desktop refreshes and all icons will go away except my hd icon and i have to click where the icons are supposed to be for them to show again...

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

ahhhh, lol, is it possible for you to download, install, and use OnyX to clear every system cache right now (without crashing in these steps?)

or boot with installation disk and try repair disk?

Is your HDD ok? not on the list of reported defect parts?

7. optimus prime thread starter macrumors regular

im pretty sure that could work... the only reason i dont wanna restart my computer is because im going through a 600 mb file transfer via adium and i really dont wanna mess that up

8. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

oh, ok, there is a chance that the heavy cpu load interrupting the display drawing, it happens when I open 4 videos altogether.

maybe wait and see when file transfer finishes.

9. optimus prime thread starter macrumors regular

wow.. im pissed now.. haha adium just crashed..... so i'm going to wait after i finish burning my dvd to restart my comp. oh well... i was a lil less than half way on the transfer.

10. optimus prime thread starter macrumors regular

ok i restarted my comp and i got firefox to open.. there's still something fishy about my comp