Firefox crashing alot

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Volante, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Volante macrumors regular

So, Firefox 3 keeps crashing and crashing. At first it worked pretty well. But lately it has been crashing so frickin much that it's unusable. Even the crash reporter sometimes crash after Firefox has crashed. It really is a wonderful app when it works. I don't have any trouble with other apps which rules out hardware I hope?

Any ideas?

Mac Pro Quad 2.8 10Gigs of ram, 8800GT, latest Leopard...

OT: Anyone know how to get "View source" color highlighted in Safari?

2. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

3. Habusho macrumors 6502

I would try deleting your Mail folder under /User/Library/Mail. Backup the bookmarks.plist file first.

4. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

First, try trashing Firefox, re-download it and re-install it. This actually fixed some random weirdness I had with it. If that doesn't work, make a copy of your "username/library/application support/Firefox" folder, then trash the original and reinstall firefox. That should (hopefully) take care of any crashing problems.

As for syntax highlighting, just copy and paste the View Source window contents into something like Textwrangler (or any other free text editor with highlighting)... there's no way I know of for Safari to do the highlighting itself.