Firefox crashing frequently

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by m85476585, Feb 24, 2010.

1. m85476585 macrumors 65816

Is Firefox crashing frequently for anyone else? I'm running 3.6 and it is crashing on me almost every day, and every time it is just after I start typing in the address bar or the search bar.

2. miknos Suspended

miknos

Firefox for mac is crap compared to Windows counterpart.

If you use it because of extensions, try Chrome. More stable, faster and have a better user interface.

If you insist in using Firefox; Maybe you have many plugins/extensions installed. Uninstall all and if necessary, download Firefox again.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

My problems are only with Safari sucking. Firefox runs perfect for me.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Check to see if there are any crash logs being generated.
    Code:
    ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/...
    Also, it could be addon related so you can try disabling some of them to see if that helps.

I have the opposite experience as you. Chrome is less stable, slower, and I don't like the interface. Everyone has their own preferences. I can't stand Chrome personally.

5. m85476585 thread starter macrumors 65816

The only crash reporter log is from the middle of 2009 when I was using Firefox 3.5 beta.

Chrome for Mac is still beta, so I imagine it isn't completely stable either. Overall I haven't had any major problems with Firefox before 3.6.

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Must not have been a full crash then. In that case, open up Console.app and have a look there right after Firefox crashes on you. There are lots of messages that come through here, which is why I only recommend looking at it when this happens. It may give some clues.