FireFox crashing on Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacBH928, Aug 26, 2011.

1. MacBH928 macrumors 68020

MacBH928

Hello,
    i just want to know if others are facing an extremely annoying Firefox experience on OS X LION. Since I ever installed it , it has been crashing like crazy like at least once a day. It just hangs...
    I am running the latest update of the OS and FIREFOX

2. CardboardGiant macrumors regular

I highly recommend Chrome over Firefox.

Smooth and very stable.

3. anotherpaul macrumors newbie

No problems here with Firefox 5 & now Firefox 6.

Had installed the 2nd day I got the Mac mini, about 3 weeks ago; haven't had any crashes.

Did have "crashes" at some websites because I don't have javascript on, normally, & only turn it on when necessary after which I turn javascript off again. Sometimes, a website would send the javascript then expects a respond which will never happen; & some websites get the wait forever.

In either case, the website's configuration will lock up the browser so I would have to kill the browser myself (this is a crash or malware prevention?) Sometimes, just disabling javascript will fix the situation.

I've found that the Mac apps are usually multi-threaded so that the "preferences" can sit on a separate window while browsing; much easier to turn on/off javascript unlike windows which is still locked into single threaded apps, even Firefox (no official 64-bit version there).

4. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I haven't had any problems with FF 6 and Lion. Some of my plug-ins were out of date and had to be updated when I upgraded and some add-ons weren't compatible with 6 so they had to be disabled.

5. MacBH928 thread starter macrumors 68020

MacBH928

i tried chrome many times but the browser seems to turn my laptop fans way up it goes crazy paying flash...
    i do mean CRAZY unlike firefox and safari

but ill give another try

i will also check the add ons

6. dyrer macrumors member

dyrer

I also have the same experience but when ask me where to download