firefox crashing problems.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by james-p-88, May 29, 2009.

1. james-p-88 macrumors newbie

basically my gf was on her macbook and was browsing away happily but then she got 3 popups, when she went to close the pop ups she managed to close 2 of them no problem. the other one (for an MP3 site) however doesnt seem to want to close. so i told her to force quit firefox and it should go. she managed to force quit firefox and the pop up disappeared. so she re started firefox again and it asked if she wanted to restore previous session or start a new, so obv she clicked now, however it didnt start a new session it reverted back to the old one and had the pop up there still. she then completly deleted firefox from her macbook and restarted her mac and re installed firefox only for it to do the same thing once again. i dunno what to do. any help would be appreciated :)

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Did she delete the Firefox profile?
    It's in <home directory>/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles

3. james-p-88 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah she went into the applications folder and trashed all the files related to firefox. and it still isnt right

4. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Is she in Firefox on the Mac side or is she in Windows?

5. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Can she just not start firefox with a new session? instead of opening up the previous windows?

6. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Did you read the first post? She re-started firefox with a new session, and it reverted her to the previous session.

7. james-p-88 thread starter macrumors newbie

right ive just got onto her macbook and reinstalled firefox for myself and it appears to be starting a new session however when you expand all the windows to select the firefox it always jumps away from the screen and wont allow me to select and view it. it doesnt look like the pop up is there anymore so i guess thats a plus but still dont really know why i cant gain access to it.