Firefox dim back/forward and home buttons

Discussion in 'macOS' started by portreathbeach, Feb 4, 2012.

1. portreathbeach macrumors member

For some reason, in Firefox, the Back, Forward and Home buttons are now dim. The arrows and house in these buttons used to be black when they were available, now they look like this:

[​IMG]

You can see that the back arrow is slightly darker than the forward arrow, but why is it not black like it used to be?

I used app cleaner to get rid of Firefox and then re-installed it, but it still looks like this. It still works fine, but it is very frustrating that I haven't actually done anything to change it. I have a MacBok Pro with the same version of Firefox and Lion installed and the back, forward and home buttons are normal on it.

Here is a screen shot from my MBP:

[​IMG]

What has happened to Fierefox on my iMac?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

In most cases, app removal software like AppCleaner doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this.

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

3. portreathbeach thread starter macrumors member

Thanks.

App Cleaner seemed to remove all of it. The main program bundle, plist files etc. When re-installing, all of my settings were gone, but the annoying dimmed back, forward and home buttons remained.

Is there an option in Firefox preferences that I have missed?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you try using the method I posted after uninstalling with AppCleaner?

5. portreathbeach thread starter macrumors member

6. portreathbeach thread starter macrumors member

Ok. I've sorted out the 'mailto' problem. I simply copplied the Firefox folder in -Library/Application Support from my MacBook Pro on to my iMac.

But I still have the dim arrows and home button???

7. shippouk macrumors regular

I have this exact same issue grey/dimmed buttons since installing Mountain Lion (Running FF 18.0.2)
    any help?