Firefox does not load images of some webpages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by looneysbin, Dec 6, 2008.

1. looneysbin macrumors newbie

Hi

Just a problem I'm having in Firefox...

Webpages that work fine in Safari do not load properly in Firefox. I am using Firefox 3.0 on Leopard. Example problem:

cnet.com - the little interactive menu thingy doesnt load any images, where you can hover your mouse over the pictures and it loads different headlines. However I can see the text.

Some forums - smilies don't load - I can just see 'smiley.gif' in text. But some forums, like macrumors, the smilies do work...

I have chosen to allow automatic downloading of images in preferences. No sites are on the blocked list.

If anyone could let me know what I'm doing wrong it would be great. Thank you very much in advance!

2. lamadude macrumors 6502

hmmm cnet.com works perfectly fine for me with FF3 in Leopard.
    Perhaps it's due to an ad blocking extension?

3. looneysbin thread starter macrumors newbie

Thankyou for your reply. I don't think it is the add blocker though. Another example is on facebook when I click on photos and it opens a page with links to people's photos with thumbnails, I can only see empty boxes. However my profile picture works fine and so do photos on my home page on facebook. Bizarre.

4. lamadude macrumors 6502

Facebook works fine for me too. Maybe you should delete ff3 and reinstall it?