Firefox & drag-and-drop

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cleo, Jun 20, 2008.

1. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

I'm new to Firefox - have switched over from Safari with the 3.0 release... so bear with me if this is an obvious question.

I use text clipping a *lot* - I'm forever dragging text off of websites onto my desktop. In Safari, if I dragged a text clipping back into a text box (like what I'm typing in now to post this), the clipped text would be inserted in the box as expected. In Firefox, though, it creates a link to the file on my desktop - completely useless.

Is there a setting I can change or extension that will fix this? If not, can anyone recommend a clipping extension that's as easy to use and doesn't require signing up for yet another web service?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

you mean you drag selected text from a webpage to desktop. then drag text(or the file?) back to a text box in the browser? (I have no problem with this neither?) Please make a detailed reproducing steps if you can.

If thats about what you were asking, then two things

1. if this is in same browser session, you can just drag text directly from one tab of firefox to the text box in another tab of firefox, skip desktop as intermediate all together. (you can even mark multiple selections in firefox by holding cmd key when selecting from different part of the webpage)

2. if you are drag text for later usage. you can try out addons such as scrapbook https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/427 , there are other addons such as sticky note, google notebook, etc, not sure about compatibility of those.

3. cleo thread starter macrumors 65816

cleo

I just discovered Google Notebooks... it'll do precisely what I need. Thx!