Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brobson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Dallas
I keep having to switch out of Firefox since installing 3.5.5 (is my guess)
I will be rolling along with deleting my email and deleting messages and I get an error code "an error occurred while trying to receive your messages" or doing something online and it will say bad request and unless I go to safari, I cannot access the page.

I went through the procedures for determining if it was add ons or plug ins and it still happened. Can I just delete it and install 3.5.1?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Are you using Thunderbird for your email? Do you have any extensions installed in both Thunderbird and Firefox? If you do, try starting both programs in Safe Mode. If that works, then you know an extension is causing the problem.

I strongly advise you NOT to downgrade to 3.5.1. That version of Firefox is not secure against web threats.

brobson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Dallas
No I don't know what Thunderbird is.

Not sure how to proceed if I cannot downgrade. I've never had trouble before
I tried upgrading my IMAC G5 to version 10.5.8.

I really don't like Safari, it's much slower than mac.

Should I find a new browser?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
The description of your problem suggests that the browser you're using should make no difference at all. Are you getting the error in Mail when you try to delete messages, then quit the program? If you are, I get that too. It's annoying, but it resolves itself if you restart Mail and attempt the operation again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.