firefox extension recommendation: locationbar^2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by clevin, Jun 24, 2008.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

download from here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4014

what it can do

1. emphasis the domain of current page by graying out other part, it can also bold the fonts, change the colors for domain name if you want to (see pic below). Perfect for situations when malicious website creating lengthy website url to fool visitors of the real domain.

2. holding ctrl, or option(alt), or cmd, or shift, and move mouse to the url, you can jump among different level of the websites by simply clicking different part of the url, its like a pathbar for the website (see pic below). This is perfect when you visit a website with deep structure and you want to easily jumping among different levels.

Attached Files:

2. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Hey clevin, just installed this. It looks good except for on thing. Here's a pic. I'm running the release version of FF3.

Attached Files:

3. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

yes, you probably have fission installed, there is apparent conflict between them..... sorry you have to pick one in current situation, i will post back if any of these two get updated and the problem is fixed.

4. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Yes I do. I'm pretty careful about what sites I visit so I'll probably stick with Fission. Thanks for your help.

5. onomatopoeia macrumors 6502

onomatopoeia

6. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

preference penal for the addon

some other useful function as well.

Attached Files: