Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Okay so I thought this was just a bug or something and thought the guys at Mozilla would probably sort this one out.

But it seems like I'm the only one experiencing this problem.

Whenever I view flash videos fullscreen on Firefox 4 and then pause the video, after a few seconds, Firefox forces the video to regular size.

Example: I go on Youtube. Click a video. Full screen it. Pause it. Wait five seconds and it's back to regular. I'm not pressing escape or anything.

Anyone know why this is?

It doesn't do this on Safari or Chrome....

colmiak

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2010
have the same damn issue. dont know how to fix and i found a bug report about it somewhere (or similar enough to it) but can't find it again.

im on a mbp 13 2010, what about you?

edit: i also have another issue. if i fast forward on some video players repeteadly, like keep going forward or backward, the video exits fullscreen.. so annoying :( this didn't happen in firefox 3.5/6...

edit 2:
a little more googling and ive found others with the same issues... finally. before i couldnt find any info.

one thread i found suggested to use the adobe flash uninstaller and then installing flash again. i did this and it seems my issues are gone (granted ive only tested for like 10 mins but seeking would always throw me out of fullscreen and its not anymore..)

hopefully this is a permanent fix! so again, use the uninstaller bc apparently just reinstalling over an existing installation doesnt help... weird but true so far

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.