Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
anyone using Firefox for iOS ?

I Have been using for about a month and works fine but I cannot find my synced bookmarks even though I am logged in to Firefox sync

Any one know if the bookmarks from sync are accessible in the iPhone / iPad browser? Where?

uhaas

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2012
Boston, MA

I Have been using for about a month and works fine but I cannot find my synced bookmarks even though I am logged in to Firefox sync

Any one know if the bookmarks from sync are accessible in the iPhone / iPad browser? Where?
I thought it wasn't released yet. Are you compiling from github?

uhaas

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2012
Boston, MA

Now that I loaded it, tap the address bar to get the icons, then the star. They might be under Desktop Bookmarks (they are on mine).

uhaas

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2012
Boston, MA
The syncing clearly has some issues. Only a small portion of my recently used tabs show up. Also, my iPad tabs don't show up on my iPhone.

At least the settings has a feedback button, which I've used. It's a 1.1 product. So far, it's making me very happy overall. Wish it had a password viewer like Safari settings.

Reactions: mikzn

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
The syncing clearly has some issues. Only a small portion of my recently used tabs show up. Also, my iPad tabs don't show up on my iPhone.

At least the settings has a feedback button, which I've used. It's a 1.1 product. So far, it's making me very happy overall. Wish it had a password viewer like Safari settings.

hey thanks - I don't see any bookmarks from the desktop - or how to access them. I am going to re install - I had a pre release version that was available in Canada - maybe the new release has some bug fixes. Browser works great - just cannot see the bookmarks.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
ok got the book marks now after re install - but the app crashes once in a while when trying to access the bookmarks.

uhaas

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2012
Boston, MA
I have been unable to get FF saved passwords to work on my devices. Am I alone, or is it not implemented yet?

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Passwords working for me, had an FF (iOS) update a few weeks back and after the update bookmarks and passwords worked with FF sync. In fact it seems better than Safari - but that is probably because I use firefox more often than Safari on my MBP and firefox has more recently updated passwords.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.