Firefox (for Mac) Bookmarks.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by oisin01, Oct 23, 2012.

1. oisin01
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

I have accidentally deleted a folder from my Firefox 15 Bookmarks and, although I have a duplicate in Safari cannot find a way of copying it over. Unless I'm missing something, FF Help seems a waste of time, so I would really appreciate any suggestions.

2. Weaselboy
    Expand Collapse

Weaselboy

Staff Member

In Safari click the file menu then export bookmarks... this will save a Safari Bookmarks.html file for you.

Then in Firefox go to Bookmarks -> Organize Bookmarks (or Show all Bookmarks)-> Import and Backup -> Import HTML... -> from an HTML File and point to the Safari Bookmarks.html file you saved.

3. oisin01
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Weasalboy,
    Thanks for the response. What you say is very similar to how I would do it on my PC. Trouble is I get as far as savig them from Safari on this Mac and then can't find an "Import Bookmarks" in FF File. (If I could work out how to take a screen shot on the Mac I'd show you what I do get, but that's another issue.) :(

4. Weaselboy
    Expand Collapse

Weaselboy

Staff Member

So you are getting as far as having the Safari Bookmarks file exported yes?

To import that file follow the Firefox instructions below I found here.

[​IMG]

5. oisin01
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for the delay in coming back. I got caught up with other things, Anyway, I've got it now. Thanks for all the assistance. :)