Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

minkis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Nashville, TN
i got some recent security updates and i think it is screwing up my internet. i will log on my space and look at certain peoples myspaces and firefox will freeze and i will have to force quit even though i could look at them before with no trouble. does anyone know how i could fix this. thanks

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
I'm having the same troubles with Firefox 1.5 Beta editions. They will freeze on myspaces that have a lot of images/video feeds. On both Mac OS X and Windows XP.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I've found it to be much less of a problem with v. 1.5 beta 2 but it's still a problem, especially when plug-ins or JavaScript are involved.

this is funah

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Berlin, Germany
the best way to fix the problem is to listen to firefox and not go to myspace.

:p

make sure youve downloaded all the updates for the programs firefox is launching (wmp, realplayer, etc)

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Wheaton/Normal, IL
MySpace is getting to be a problem because people who don't know how to code try to put video and audio code into their pages. They probably use Windows-based machines. Bastards.

Daniel

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I just tried MySpace with Camino v1.0a1 and it didn't freeze in that minute or so that I used it but on a simple Flash animation, it slowed to useless. So much for using that as an alternative. Hopefully, by the final version, Camino will be as solid as Firefox v1.5.

I'm quite pleased that v1.5 has almost not locked up at all on MySpace. The stop button is still accessible when it would not have been with v1.0.7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.