Firefox freezes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sundance2007, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Sundance2007 macrumors regular

Sometime (most times if not every time) when I want to shut down the computer and Firefox is open I get a message that I have tabs open do I want to close them all. Firefox is now frozen, the computer (Macbook running 10.x) id OK but the only want to shut down the computer is to hold the power button as Firefox is still open.

Anyone else having this problem with FF or have a solution to my problem?

Thanks

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Not seen it here (using FF 3RC1), but the easiest solution would probably be to force-quit FF (right click on the icon - wait for the contextual menu to pop up and click 'force quit'. If you only see 'quit' then hold down the Option key at the same time).

I find myself wondering if its one of your extensions that's getting hung up - worth disabling them one by one to see if it makes a difference. FF can get a little hinky at times, and it's usually either an extension or something corrupt in your profile that causes it...

3. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Try using Camino, its based off Firefox, has all the advantages of it, but looks much better under OS X.