Firefox freezing since upgrade to OSX Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by macfanrutler, Oct 25, 2011.

1. macfanrutler macrumors regular

macfanrutler

Ever since I upgraded my mid 2009 Macbook Pro to OSX Lion fire fox has been freezing a lot. It seems to be when I go from pages with video to pages without video (for example, you tube to facebook) however it is not limited to that.

I am up-to-date in Lion updates and am running version 7.0.1 of firefox. It is really starting to get to me. I hope someone can help.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

No problems at all with Firefox 7.0.1 or the Nightlys running under Lion. Perhaps, you need to look into Flash or some other thing that your problematic pages have in common. Speaking of Flash, are you running it? If you are, then which version do you have installed?

3. macfanrutler thread starter macrumors regular

macfanrutler

I am currently running version 10.2.152.33 of Flash. I noticed that the latest is 11.0.1.152 so I will upgrade that to see if it helps.

4. macfanrutler thread starter macrumors regular

macfanrutler

Upgrading Flash did not help. After I updated I was reading more Macrumors forum posts and then went to facebook. As soon as I hit enter I received the iPinwheel and it took about three minutes for my macbook to switch pages.

5. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Same problem here. Had older version of flash that I just upgraded. Didn't help. Could still be flash though.