FireFox gives me odd fonts

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nuggetWRX, Jun 10, 2009.

1. nuggetWRX macrumors newbie

I went to Craig's List to search for an LCD TV and it gave me the search results in this really strange font. I've seen it once before when I was reading a tutorial on how to build a steadycam for my camcorder. Anyone know what the deal is?

Here's what I'm talking about...
    [​IMG]

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Try validating your fonts. Open Font Book, highlight all fonts, go under File menu and choose Validate. There's likely a corrupt font file causing this.

Mac Rumors Guide: Font Book

3. nuggetWRX thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I validated my fonts once and had a few errors, then did it a second time and had a ton of errors. I deleted them all except this one ".dfont" that won't let me check the box to remove it from my computer. Any tips on this?

Oh and the FireFox issue is still happening... I tried View > Character Encoding and I'm running "Western (ISO-8859-1)" currently... is that the problem?

4. ppthepom macrumors newbie

How do you Validate all the fonts. I can only seem to do one style at a time... There must be an easier way. Please help

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Character coding won't be the issue in your browser. The font with the . in front of the name means it's a duplicate font I believe. You may want to try using FontExplorer X to see if it can help. Supposedly it can restore the fonts to the default. I'm not at my Mac to try anything else out.

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Highlight all that you want to check before choosing to Validate Font.