FireFox-GreaseMonkey-Caabluieee!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GreenMacBP, Nov 8, 2009.

1. GreenMacBP macrumors newbie

Was wondering if anyone here uses grease monkey, primarily using Firefox. I have been running scripts on Firefox using grease monkey and it will crash on me....either Firefox will crash but will somewhat continue to work..ie : downloads will finish and I can move other windows around, the windows in or out of the screen can be moved about via track-pad...and then the whole computer will crash OR it just crashes and gives me a message in three languages to hard boot my computer. When I reboot I get one of those kernel messages. What kind of damage is done to the hard drive from doing hard boots? Using Firefox 5.0 and mac osx 10.5.8. If anyone body knows anything about this and could lend some advice, that would be tops. Thanks.

2. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

firefox 5.0, are you from the future? :eek:

does the world end in 2012? :p

3. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

4. segers909 macrumors regular

I use grease monkey on my uMBP. I've got a script running that makes rapidshare links clickable and automaticly checks them. I've been using it for about half a year now and firefox hasn't really crashed at all.
    Doing hard reboots don't cause damage to your hard drive, but they can kill your os so it'll get stuck on the boot logo. (This happens when you shutdown on the wrong moment).

Have you tried fixing permissions in disk utility?