Firefox has some sort of text field history thing going? I want it for Safari.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by patent10021, Aug 1, 2010.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

How do I get Safari to present auto-fill options in text fields like Firefox can?

Seems like a cookies thing but I think not because it presents me with all previous names I've used on other website's text fields before.

For example in Firefox if I go to sites I haven't visited before and I'm asked to type in my new username, as soon as I type the first letter, Firefox gives me options from previous text fields I've filled in before all over the net and unrelated to the site I'm on.

Firefox has some sort of text field history thing going on but doesn't seem to exactly be cookies.

Btw, it seems that FF is also presenting me with text that other users have entered in to those same text fields even though those people have nothing to do with me. There some sort of text field "remember all" thing going on.

What is this? And please don't tell me I can do this with Safari's auto-fill feature. That's just for basic names and things.

I like this FF feature. It saves lots of time.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

The feature is Autofill. Look at the Autofill tab in Safari preferences.

3. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

No it's not. Auto-fill is very basic. Not to mention mine has always been enabled. Firefox has something totally different going on.