Firefox Hiccups

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by billchase2, Jan 31, 2009.

1. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

I've looked around a bit for an answer to my problem, but haven't figured it out 100% yet. Firefox 3.0.4 is beginning to run like total garbage on my Mac. It constantly freezes for a couple seconds and then resumes. This takes place while scrolling through pages, loading pages, and even playing videos on YouTube (it can get really annoying there).

I believe that one solution would be to delete the ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox folder... but that will also get rid of all my add-ons, bookmarks, preferences, etc.

Is there anything else I can do to make it run better again? I find myself having to switch to Safari all the time to get some relief from this issue. I need Firefox though because of some add-ons I use.

Thanks!

2. Aronnax macrumors regular

3. nippyjun macrumors 65816

4. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

If you hold down Option while you start Firefox, it will start in Safe Mode will all your add-ons and plugins disabled. You can try that to see if it's a addon that is slowing things down.

You can also disable add-ons one by one to see if you can narrow one down that may be giving you trouble.

-Kevin

5. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

I know you said you only need it because of the add ons, but even then I really don't like firefox. I really prefer safari over firefox due to webkit.. I have been using chrome for a few days now on the windows machine, and really cannot wait for the mac version to come out.

6. billchase2 thread starter macrumors 68000

billchase2