Firefox - how to get more viewing space?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jon08, Jul 3, 2009.

1. jon08 macrumors 65816

Since I'm on a 15.4" MBP I value the viewing space on internet browser. What are the options on Firefox to gain more space (like get the tabs on top or other tricks)?

I know about GrApple, which makes the interface look like Safari's, and thus it makes the tabs slimmer (or you can also move them on top of the browser with one of the GrApple add-ons) and you get more viewing space.

What else is there?

2. BORIStheBLADE macrumors regular

BORIStheBLADE

I put my dock on the right side of my screen running vertical so I would get a little more webpage.

3. jon08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, but that's really the minimal amount of space you'd gain with doing so...

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You can click the pill to get rid of your toolbar.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Anything you do is going to be "minimal" compared to the total size of the window... Putting the dock on the side is just one way to increase the area, along with turning off the bookmarks bar, hiding the standard toolbar by clicking the button in the top right, and not displaying the status bar.

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Who fills an entire screen with a browser window? Even when I had a 13 inch screen the browser never took up the whole screen. On my 15 inch I only have my Safari window 1,174 x 831 pixels.

7. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

It's so you can get more pr0n on it at once.:p

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yes, collapsing the toolbar and only leaving the tabs is a method.

err for the confused, the pill is the button on the top right. ;)

9. jon08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Meh I was looking for something to perhaps move the tabs on top (like GrApple thing) or something like that, as it would give you 0.5 inch or so more viewing space, which is surely not as minimal as that 0.01 inch you gain by moving the dock to the side.

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You wouldn't get any more viewing space, the tabs would just be in a different place. They would be taking up the same amount of space. :rolleyes:

11. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Collapse the toolbar and hide the status bar. Now, if only I could use Ubiquity to enter web addresses I think I could go barless.