Firefox image on my screen?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tech0925, Feb 28, 2011.

1. tech0925 macrumors member

tech0925

When I close my firefox browser, I can still see parts of it on my screen. Basically looks like it is burned on to it. I can see the back buttons and the address bar. It seems to go away after a few hours if I do not open the browser. What is causing that? I have tried to dim my lighting but that doesn't help either.

2. simsaladimbamba

On what specific Mac with what exact Mac OS X version do you have this issue? If you have enabled Spaces, does it go away in other Spaces or when you open another application?
    Identify your Mac and Mac OS X version

3. tech0925 thread starter macrumors member

tech0925

Version 10.5.8
    Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac9,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: IM91.008D.B08

I haven't thought to check it with spaces. I will do that today when it does it again and let you know. I have noticed that if I put my hand on the top of my screen it is noticeably hot and the bottom half is cool. I assume that is normal.

4. tech0925 thread starter macrumors member

tech0925

I just checked with spaces, the problem is still there. It can even be seen when the mac is rebooting. :confused:

5. axu539 macrumors 6502a

This sounds like the image is just burning into the display. Or maybe it's a GPU problem. You might want to take it to an Apple store and see if they can troubleshoot it.