Firefox Installation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MB98XJ, Nov 13, 2009.

1. MB98XJ macrumors member

MB98XJ

I installed snow leopard and I dragged the FireFox symbol to the applications folder as shown, however, it asks me to do it again every time I open firefox. Also the little blue firefox object appears on my desktop every time.

Can someone please help me out with this? I've tried uninstalling Firefox and reinstalling it but still get the same issue.

2. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

Sounds like even though you copied the app in to the correct folder, you are still opeing it from the disk image. Go to the Applications folder and open it from there.

3. jpefjr macrumors regular

jpefjr

Sounds like techfreak is right about you opening it from the diskimage. If you still have the Firefox disk icon (the Firefox dmg) you can drag that icon to the trash and unmount the disk image.

4. coastal macrumors newbie

I have the same noob problem. Firefox is not listed in the Applications folder after installing.

5. patrixl macrumors regular

when you dragged it to the application folder icon, did you get the progress bar window that said it was being copied, followed by the sound the Mac makes after it finishes copying something?

So far it sounds like you hadn't copied it.

Once it's copied there, it needs to be launched from the Applications folder and not from the disk image, cuz then when you "keep on dock" it would put on the dock the application from the disk image and thus require the mounting of the disk image every time the application starts.

I do it this way to avoid this error: copy to the application folder, unmount the disk image, then launch the application from the Applications folder, and only then, if I want to keep it, do I add it ot hte dock.

Patrix.