Firefox is frozen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ranman444, Jun 25, 2008.

1. ranman444 macrumors newbie

Hi there having a problem with Firefox, it shows its open in the dock but i cant close it . Even when I try force quit nothing will happen. Any ideas on what I can do. Appreciate any help. Thanks

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

did you try goto activity monitor and terminate the process?

3. ranman444 thread starter macrumors newbie

Firefox is not in the Activity monitor at all.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

mmm... i dont know how can it be "open" but not show up in monitor...

if you can't open firefox again by clicking it on dock. maybe reboot computer...

very strange. im not sure where the problem is

5. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, (I'm new to macs) but is it possible it's a problem with the dock? Not necessarily Firefox?

6. Crossbone macrumors regular

try rebooting or go open the Terminal and type "killall Dock" just the way its typed there. it will restart your dock.

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

mmm. maybe. i would imagine if firefox session is running. as the link indicated. op should see it in activity monitor....

anyway. try out and let us know!

8. G-Com macrumors regular

The OP stated Firefox wasn't in the Activity Monitor. If it doesn't show up under My Processes, they may wish to set the dropbox menu to All Processes.

I would suggest upgrading to the latest version of Firefox and then I would run a check of the disk permissions and, if necessary, repair them. Go to Applications>>Utilities>>Disk Utility.

9. wako macrumors 65816

that happened to me before...

I fixed it by going to Activity Monitor and ending the Dock application. Usually it will restart but if it doesnt, just goto /System/Library/CoreServices and click on Dock to start it back up again.