Firefox is MESSED up

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bored911, Oct 6, 2008.

1. bored911 macrumors 6502

bored911

so i just noticed, because this is the easiest example, that reddit is showing up almost completly blank for me. but also even some things on this page are blank, ie all the bold warning says is "do not" and then cuts off. what could the problem be. (ps i defragged my hdd last night)

2. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I've been having issues since the last Firefox update.

Firefox seems to Wig out at some point. It draws pages, mostly incomplete and doesn't respond to button presses on those pages (my wifes google mail account seems to really set it off). Sometimes it will work, other times it won't.

If you quit Firefox and restart it, it works normally again.

3. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

4. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I have had problems with Firefox 3 randomly greying out the print dialog. It is annoying but a suggestion to change to Opera or Safari isn't a real answer. Perhaps you can post your issue over at Mozilla and get direct help rather than suggestions that imply you should abandon the best browser available.

But even after you raise this issue a fix could take some time, so using something else temporarily as a workaround is certainly a reasonable idea.

5. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

I have not seen any similar issues on Camino, which shares some code with Firefox. Camino is more Mac-like but no extensions.

I like Safari but don't appreciate the dull grey look. Since Apple does not provide an alternative I decided to try a different browser. I guess Shiira would be an alternative to use Safari's webkit with a different look.