firefox is not loading the images

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zgredek, Jan 22, 2011.

1. zgredek macrumors newbie

Hello!!
    I've got a powerbook G4 with tiger installed on it AND a problem with firefox. It just does not load ANY images on ANY pages! Safari doesn't seem to have the same problem and it's working just fine. I've got 3.6.13 version of firefox and its system requirements say that it should work o 10.4 ppc so I have no idea what's wrong. Any ideas??

thanks in advance;)

2. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

try to reinstall it maybe that will work. if not than just use safari

3. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

Same situation. I was used to furefox. But once i tried safaru i will never go back.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

In the content tab under prefs., make sure that "load images" is ticked and that you don't have any exceptions.
    What extensions are you using?
    What theme are you using..If not the default, I would be highly suspicious of image problems, with different themes. Some themes work great until you add another extension.
    I'm sure you know that extensions and themes are made to work with Firefiox, but not necessarily with each other.
    I've had so much trouble with theme interaction, causing slowdowns, and other problems, that I just use the default.

5. nomadskater macrumors newbie

similar

I have a macbook pro. When I am developing webpages and, as is common practice, put my pictures in an images folder, firefox will not read them when it renders the html. Safari loads them fine, but firefox just loads the alt description. If I take the picture out and put it with the html, and recode the img tag of course, firefox loads it fine, but as soon as I put the picture back in the images file, firefox won't load it but safari will. I developed the html on my windows machine at the office and moved the site folder in total to my macbook. Everything worked fine on windows firefox, everything works fine in safari... but not mac firefox (which I just updated in case that was the problem). I checked load images in the options folder and it is checked with no exceptions listed at all. what is going on... can does anyone know?

Thank you