firefox issues on my mbp (pics included). help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blairh, Jan 13, 2009.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Hey everyone.

So about 10 days ago I posted regarding firefox not working properly after using my mbp for a few hours at a time. Basically firefox would act very bizarre and do the following things:

1. websites would appear jumbled in text, images would not show up on websites, etc.

2. clicking on bookmarks would result in no action. attempt to visit url's by entering them manually in the taskbar resulted in no action.

i've uninstalled and reinstalled firefox now on 5 occations with the same results. safari works fine if and when i go to it as the firefox issues arise. restarting my mbp resolves the issues, but then they reappear.

what should i do? this is trying me crazy. i prefer firefox over safari so please do not suggest "just use safari". because this is a firefox issue and not a mbp one (or so i believe) i'm reluctant to go to an apple genius with my issue.

i've provided a link below of what appears on my screen. please help!!! thanks in advance.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34355308@N04/sets/72157612544267758/detail/

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ive had that happen too. usually just restarting firefox works for me

3. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

have not had a problem yet, had firefox since day one

4. dkhuynh macrumors member

something is either restricted or disabled in your firefox setting.
    it might be javascript or something that is blocked.

5. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

if that is the case, then why does this problem always appear after using firefox for a period of time? the problems start to arise after a few hours of use.

i don't know, any suggestions? i'm stuck here big time and it's frustrating and bizarre.