Firefox Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TemeculaMac, Nov 26, 2007.

1. TemeculaMac macrumors regular

Hi,
    I'm having some very annoying problems using Firefox on my new iMac. I have Safari and Opera also installed, but still prefer Firefox (so please don't tell me to switch ;) )

Problem 1:
    Typing in a text box lags at times. It's not all the time, but enough to be annoying.

Problem 2:
    This one bothers me the most. When I use the backspace in a text box, it *occasionally* goes back a page. It's almost like Firefox loses focus that you're typing in the text box.

Problem 3:
    Dropdowns don't always work. When this happens, I have to resort to using Safari.

It's almost like firefox has lost focus where my cursor is. When this happens, anything within the textbox is screwy.

Is anyone else experiencing this madness? Are there any fixes for it? My version is completely current and up to date.

Thanks,
    Gary

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Check your about:config settings, particularly for the keyboard and mouse. To access these settings just type about:config into Firefox's address bar. Misconfigurations there are a common cause of Firefox issues.

3. TemeculaMac thread starter macrumors regular

Great info!!!! I'll check out these settings - hopefully, they'll help me out with my backspace problem.

Many thanks,
    Gary

4. murtini macrumors newbie

5. TemeculaMac thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Murtini! I don't use the backspace either (I use command-left arrow), so I can get rid of that function.