Firefox Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gazfocus, Mar 30, 2008.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I use Firefox for web browsing rather than Safari because I find some things don't work particularly well (such as I sometimes have problems with hotmail in Safari).

However, recently, Firefox constantly crashes and shuts down, and it's happening more often.

Version is 2.0.0.13

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Anyone got any advice?

Thanks

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

if you disable all extensions, does it still crash?

3. Rahsten macrumors regular

Rahsten

I use Firefox 3.0b4 and also get frequent crashes...more like very long freezes which end up making me have to use Force Quit.

It usually occurs when switching between tabs or clicking on links in a web page. All of a sudden the little rainbow colored spinning circle will appear and I can't do anything in Firefox. Does anyone else experience this problem?

As for the OP (gazfocus), perhaps you should try upgrading to a newer version 3 beta build of Firefox. Other than the problem I'm sometimes having, it runs just as well as older versions. Maybe an upgrade will solve your issue. Give it a try.

gazfocus, what usually prompts your Firefox to crash?
    :apple:

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

with a big version jump, its very possible that the profile might be corrupted in some ways.

Extensions can be a problem as well.

Try a new profile see if problem goes away first, so we can figure it out the cause.

5. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Hi sorry to sound dumb but I am a fairly new Mac user.

Where do I change the profile?

Generally nothing seems to prompt the crash but every time it closes it asks if I want to restore the previous session.

Thanks