Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark28

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Am I the only one who's (stock) gestures don't work with Firefox?

mark28

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Anyway, found the problem by messing around.

Firefox and Chrome uses 3-finger swipe for going back and forth while Safari uses 2-finger swipe. That is what caused the problem. Going to system preference and enable 3-finger swipes also for going back and forth fixed it.

edit: Great, now I can't use 3-finger window drag if I have this option enabled.

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Download better touch tool and change firefox from three fingers to two. Works perfectly. I even then changed the three finger swipe in firefox and safari to be a tab switch and in iTunes to be a song switch. In fact I enabled two finger page swipes in the app store and iTunes store so it is now a universal gesture. Great tool!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.687267,139.728267

B737

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
Anyway, found the problem by messing around.

Firefox and Chrome uses 3-finger swipe for going back and forth while Safari uses 2-finger swipe. That is what caused the problem. Going to system preference and enable 3-finger swipes also for going back and forth fixed it.

edit: Great, now I can't use 3-finger window drag if I have this option enabled.

three finger jump to bottom is still broken, as well as finger scrolling within web page submenus also screwy.

Soniko

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2011
Lisbon
Download better touch tool and change firefox from three fingers to two. Works perfectly. I even then changed the three finger swipe in firefox and safari to be a tab switch and in iTunes to be a song switch. In fact I enabled two finger page swipes in the app store and iTunes store so it is now a universal gesture. Great tool!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.687267,139.728267

Where's 'better touch tool?

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Can you help me understand why my Mac Slot games won't play now that I have Lion?

Did you bother to contact the creator of the software? Their contact information is very easy to find on their website. It's seems like they would know better than random people on the Internet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.