Firefox not loading some images

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tlccreates, Nov 12, 2009.

1. tlccreates macrumors newbie

I have been having a problem with some websites, various ones. The page starts loading and I see the images load but once the page is done loading all of the images disappear and I get the little broken link icons in their place. I have no problem seeing those sites using Safari. Other sites are not a problem.

I have not done anything to tweak the pipelining and I have made sure that the box is checked to load images automatically with no exceptions. Java is also checked.

This is one of the sites that it happens on:
    http://pouyou.over-blog.fr/
    but I have had the problem in us sites as well. I does not happen at all websites, just enough to make it annoying.

I do not have any unusual firefox exts just color tabs, Google Preview, Tab Mix, coolPreviews, download helper, numbered tabs, fireftp

any help would be appreciated

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I didn't see any issues when viewing the site with Firefox. It could potentially be some kind of cache issue. Also, try running Firefox in safe-mode, which disables all addons. This will let you rule out addons just to be sure they are not doing anything.

3. tlccreates thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, I think I have it working now. It seems to be the ShowMissingImages addon that was causing the problem.

I did learn that by holding the Options key while clicking on Firefox in the dock allows me to open the box to choose starting in safe mode (instead of going thru the terminal). I also used that box to reset my tools which took care of the pesky Firefox window that kept opening up off of my computer screen.

I think I am back in business.
    Thank you again.

maybe this posting may help someone else some day.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Glad you got it worked out and thanks for the reminder about being able to open in safe-mode from the dock. I had forgotten that little trick.