Firefox old download manager window

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LeandrodaFL, Jan 9, 2015.

1. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

Im using Firefox 25. Thats because I disliked the changes from 26 and above. Unfortunalty, because of youtube, Im gonna have to upgrade firefox soonn, as it will stop running on my version. How do I make the current version looks like the old version? Im interested in the following:

-tabs on bottom
    -retangular tabs
    -ability to "pop up" the download manager window

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

There is an Add-on that you can use called "Classic Theme Restorer" that will allow you to do these things. I use it because of fact that I like the old style of Firefox for the same reasons as you. Classic Theme Restorer will give you a ton of option for keeping that old Firefox style. Have a look at it before updating. I am sure you will be impressed with its features.

3. LeandrodaFL thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

thanks a lot. Waht about an add-on for the old download window?

Attached Files:

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

On the downloads arrow that you can place in your Firefox menu bar, click on it, this will give you the option to "Show All Downloads". Once you click on that, it will open the downloads window.

Attached Files:

5. LeandrodaFL thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

Im trying the classic theme now, and its very helpuful indeed. Also, I was able to find an add-on called simply "download window" which is very similar to the old window.

One more thing, I noticed firefox now has a lighter shade of grey, near to white, as oposed to the dark grey in version 25. Yours looks to be darker also. Did you tweak somehting, is this possible?

6. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Mine is most likely darker due to a program I use called Flavours. The program is used to change the skins of programs and OS of my iMac. It currently can only be used up to Mavericks as the developers are still working on the upgrade to make it work with Yosemite. Only downfall is it cost $20. Nice program though if you like custom skins. You can even design your own, which is what I did.

Firfox has some nice custom themes they offer which you may like and will certainly have some that offer darker tabs. They have literally thousands of themes and best part they are all free if that is a better option for you.