Firefox on iPad or alternative?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by FTLOSM, Nov 17, 2013.

1. FTLOSM macrumors member

I use firefox as my primary browser on the pc and imac, and I have all my bookmarks setup with sync is there a way to load a browser on the ipad that would emulate firefox or one I can import my sync somehow into an alternative option and still have all my bookmarks I use currently at the pc or imac via the iPad?

I am using a ipad air vs 7.0.4 64gb and firefox 25.0.1 btw.

2. vilatore macrumors newbie

You can login with google account and you download all markers automatically and all the profile you see on your pc

3. FTLOSM thread starter macrumors member

I am so dumb is there a walkthru somewhere on how to do this? I assume google would be importing all my bookmarks via firefox on the pc then somehow getting them into the ipad or iphone to use with what safari?

That would work!

4. Bear macrumors G3

If you search for Firefox on the app store, there is an App that will sync Firefox bookmarks and a web browser that will sync Firefox bookmarks.

5. Futurix macrumors 6502

Futurix

iCab Mobile supports Firefox bookmarks sync via the cloud.

Suggested Google solution won't work unless you are willing to switch to Chrome as your browser.

6. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

7. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Normally I would agree, but Atomic hasn't been updated in over a year now.

Dolphin browser would work too. It has a Firefox add-on which allows you to sync with the iPad app.

8. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

9. tyche macrumors 6502

Been an iCab user for a while but it hasn't been that stable on iOS 7 so I decided to go back to Mercury which I haven't used in a long time. Very impressed! No crash yet, sites like polygon haven't bombed out. I even went to the crash prone marca.com and it survived. So thumbs up for Mercury.