Firefox on toolbar

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Zeeinnm, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Zeeinnm macrumors member

I got Firefox today, because Ebay doesn't like Safari. How can I get the icon to stay on the bottom after closing the program? Now I have to click on the link on the desktop, by the hard drive icon and then click again when this other little screen pops up. This is on an Imac.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

eBay doesn't like Safari? I've never had any problems...

While the Firefox program is running, control+click on the icon at the bottom (it's called the Dock) and select "Keep in Dock".

3. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

I'm guessing you click on the .dmg on the desktop, not the actual app? In order to properly install Firefox, drag the icon from the window that pops up, when you click on the DMG on the desktop, to your applications folder (in the Finder sidebar). Now open Firefox from the applications folder and do what BlueRevolution said. To eject the dmg, drag it to the trash.

4. Zeeinnm thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Thanks, I think that worked to keep the icon but I cannot seem to get ride of the .dgm. When I click on the icon, the .dgm shows up again and the other box pops up.

My problem with safari was that, in die cast toys, you can look for specific brands but there are so many that it has a "see more" . When you click on that in Safari, it acts like the pop up it is open, exactly like in Foxfire, but you cannot see it and cannot do anything else as the screen is "greyed"

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

There should be an icon on your desktop that looks like the attached. Select it, go into the File menu in Finder, and choose Eject "Firefox". Now you should be able to delete the dmg file.

I tried it out in Safari, and it behaved as you describe the first time, but I reloaded the page and it worked the second time.

Attached Files:

6. Zeeinnm thread starter macrumors member